Thread: Tulsa Videos
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2018, 07:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
It's not that different. Please. Hardly ANYTHING from tusk. A direct FU to Lindsey.
Oh Come On! They certainly did play a different set list both in song choice and running order.

I don' t like how the band chose to separate from Lindsey, I don't think it enhances their legacy or creates a proper closing chapter. Enjoyment of music is subjective, I don't particularly care for how this incarnation of Fleetwood Mac sounds as Finn and Campbell are talented but their strengths don't play well within the 75 and on Fleetwood Mac catalog. That said, they are professional, they have created an initial set list that surprises me in range of choices and the number of Lindsey tracks. There is almost as many Lindsey writes / cowrites in the set as there are Stevie.

My choice to not spend money on this version of Fleetwood Mac, but I am not going to say that they are not producing a professional show and that show will no doubt get tighter as the tour goes on and they find better sync with each other.

It will be interesting to see the some broader feedback and band press output. These first two shows, while not sold out, sold well enough. The 3rd-5th shows have not been commercial successes.

Enjoy the show for those of you going! Let's not create red herring arguments about set lists and poor production choices and arrangements, I think they are on track there. It comes down to personal taste and that is always subjective.

Last edited by John Run; 10-04-2018 at 07:49 AM..