View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This was pretty cool. Most exciting is that he actually played "Rock Away Blind"! He was clearly planning on playing a different tune from SWS but his guitar wasn't tuned properly so he amended his choice and played this for what he said was the first, and later said was the last, time. It's always awesome to see his fingers on guitar strings, it's fascinating! He also played "I Am Waiting" at request of Anthony DeCurtis, following some talk about why he enjoys that era of Rolling Stones tunes and later, "Big Love," which was fantastic, as always.

As for the discussion, it was entertaining but nothing particularly ground-breaking was said. He was a little snarkier than I expected, definitely expected some reading into his tone or would make a face after he said something to drive home his point. I was surprised so much time was spent on the dynamics of the band circa Rumours, considering I'm sure DeCurtis himself is well versed in that history and I doubt anyone in the room was particularly lacking in it, but it's still entertaining to hear, especially with some new asides thrown in. There was talk of his musical influences as a child with extra emphasis on The Beach Boys, some talk about how having a wife and family has changed his process, a little talk about Buckingham Nicks and future LB/SN projects (though when people started clapping, he quickly shut it down, which to me made it seem like it's nowhere near actually happening) and again, a lot of talk about the "failure" of Tusk, which. We've heard before. But all in all pretty entertaining! He was in a fun mood and only said "small machine" once and I don't think I heard the word "cycle" or "organic" at all!