Thread: Oklahoma date!
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Can't believe you didn't say you were going in advance Michele!!

Anyway, pretty good show. Michele has posted much of what I'd say. I felt like it was a show of two distinct halves, the former mostly comprised of LB-solo stuff and the latter more Mac and traditional stuff. Basically, for me, the first half kicked ass and the second was a let down. The first half had the three from UTS, SUD, CAD and NTL, which are basically as good as you get with LB live, IMO, (and they were all fabulous tonight) and also as Michele alluded to a muchly improved Come, which actually sounded good for the first time to me ever, including live in 03, or actually on the SYW album.

GYOW and T was so-so, ISA was good, but a bit subdued, and he did some neat things with GI and NGBA, not so much screaming in NGBA which was nice.

He changed the stories up a bit (although he hardly spoke during the 70 minute show), and even did a bit of what i think was meant to be self parody by mentioning his big/small machine analogy and explaining how he started with a full band, now solo.. "the small machine got smaller".

Viv, noone else played, they're just roadies.

I'm gonna have to listen to a UTS show in bed to calm down LB gets me so wired.. I was spellbound listening to NTL. What a song.