View Single Post
Old 08-05-2017, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
sooooooooo this !!!

Why she continually tolerated this kind of sh&t from her producers over her career amazes me.

i get why she tolerated sh&t from Lindsey in early days because she needed him to help get her music across.

I get why she tolerated it to SOME extent with Jimmy [on Bella Donna anyway] because it was her first foray outside the band and everyone had that dumb f*ck notion that no one would listen to more than 3 songs from her.....

But really, over time, I wish she'd kicked more producers' asses.

She has grown in this regard if you watch her on the IYD doc.... but let's be honest, Dave isn't as douchey as some of her other producers and isn't going to snark back at her. I guess her pushing back on Lindsey "you wouldn't say that to Bob Dylan" is a form of growth too.... but she still referred to a famous man, instead of "dude, I'm STEVIE NICKS and I've sold multi platinum solo records writing just like this so I hear you, I don't plan to change it, move on" (which I guess she feels she did, just in her own way)
I think she still listens to stuffy men way too much. I wish she would pull a Beyonce and create something amazing just because she feels like it, drawing on all of her creative prowess and viable music connections to do it! Instead she goes on about money and the music business. Record labels no longer own the music business and she needs to stop listening to them IMHO.

And speaking of Beyonce, did they feature her husband Jay-Z in this series? He called out Jimmy Iovine in the track "Smile" on his new album. Apparently he had this to say about him in 2015 (regarding Apple vs. streaming service, Tidal):

You have a long-standing relationship with Jimmy Iovine. Have you been in contact with him since the news has started trickling out?

Yeah, of course. My thing with Jimmy is, “Listen, Jimmy; you’re Jimmy Iovine, and you’re Apple, and truthfully, you're great. You guys are going to do great things with Beats, but … you know, I don’t have to lose in order for you guys to win, and let’s just remember that.” Again, I’m not angry. I actually told him, “Yo, you should be helping me. This is for the artist. These are people that you supported your whole life. You know, this is good.”

Source: http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...vine-interview

Unfortunate that someone who has been known to help artists his entire career has become a stuffy billionaire as referenced in an article in a previous post.

Last edited by lilyfee; 08-05-2017 at 02:08 PM..