View Single Post
Old 02-19-2003, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question CHILID

Yeah, I completely agree, I guess that's what I meant when thinking of "The dance" (to me) feeling more "nostalgic" as, apart from SG, TO, BTLH & MLD the rest WAS "old" material and therefore "nostalgic" hence why I can't understand why Lindsey doesn't think of THAT as "nostaligic" but DOES (apparently) think of the "Time" deal as "nostalgic", especially considering that things like "Only you know and I know" are (or I should say were...) "new" to FM audiences anyways so in so far as "old FLEETWOOD MAC material" that was played between the Time/Dance tours, it probably "evened out" if one looks at it that way.

Just a guess but I don't think Mick had as much "control" over DM as I'm sure he would have liked (as Dave was apparently "doing Mick the favor" by "helping him out" by joining etc.). If he had, I'm sure he would have told/forced(/whatever) DM to do more "old FLEETWOOD MAC songs".

I also agree that Billy really did get screwed out of his material on the "Time" tour, who knows why, probably Mick again wanting to do the "good old days" hits instead of letting what he considers "failure material" to be played and since he had more "control" over Billy he got what he wanted, a REAL shame.

Going from 90's DM solo set lists, I'm GUESSING that DM doing "Dear Mr. Fantasy" was more "expected" of him since he usually finished his encores with it (from what I understand anyways as I unfortunately haven't been able to see him live yet but from video/audio shows I've seen/heard etc.). I assume that he figured that if he didn't do it then those fans that were going to his solo shows and were NOW going to FM concerts to see him play would have been "disappointed" if he didn't do any/many of "his" songs (don't know why since they should expect to hear FLEETWOOD MAC material if they go to a FM show but anyways, that's just a guess on my part though). Who knows why he does DMF?! I must admit that although I was pleased to hear it as it is one of my all time fave Traffic songs, I was confused as to why he has always ended up doing it when it's a Winwood/Capaldi/Wood penned number (?) aw well, I guess we'll never know.

John

Last edited by wetcamelfood; 02-19-2003 at 05:02 PM..