View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

1) Live in Boston
2) Soundstage or Small Machine (tie)
3) Bass Hall

Live in Boston is what turned me onto Lindsey, and that was based on his playing. He does more than power chords on there! NGBA, Big Love, Landlide, Gypsy, Come, ISA, SHN, Say Goodbye, World Turning, Don't Stop, GYOW...there's a LOT to love, both electric, and acoustic. His Stevie loving girlfriend will watch with him any time too. I just don't see how you can go wrong with this one.

Bass Hall, and Small Machine are both thechnically great, but both are flat, IMO. I was at SM taping, and the audience was so much more "there" than it seems on the DVD. Bass Hall he seems kind of sad/down to me, so I don't care for it too much. I also think Big Love is WAY better on Soundatge and Live in Boston, even though the Bass Hall version is the one people refer to and share the most (on Twitter, etc.).

Soundatge is the most upbeat and fun, though other than a few songs that he does really well, I think it's not technically as good. I love it because it's eye candy, I love seeing him smile, and for those handful of songs, and because it has Red Rover and Murrow. GYOW is not good on there at all, IMO. And again, of course, the Stevie moments will be appreciated by the gf.

Small Machine is great for any guitar player, and the SWS songs especially are impressive, but I just don't find it as enjoyable from an overall concert standpoint, even though, as I said, I was at that concert, and really enjoyed it, as well as the tour that followed. I just don't think the DVD captures the ambience. ISA on there is incredible though, and I can watch it on repeat all day long. Same wwith In Our Own Time. I also enjoy SHN and GYOW, as well as the rest of the SWS songs. I LOVE the CD , once I get past the first 4 acoustic songs, but the DVD just doesn't do it for me.

I should also add, that besides his skills on all the songs on LIB, what I was really impressed with, was his ability to jump from Come to Gypsy, Big Love to Landslide, etc. It just really shows his versatility. It also showcases his personality/stage presence.

Last edited by Lindsfan; 02-15-2014 at 04:52 PM..