View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danigirl View Post
What I love about Tusk, was how it enabled the band to transition from potentially becoming a commercial band, that needed to conform to the industries needs for more "hit albums." I know it's been said before, in numerous interviews, but I most amazed at the quality and versatility given the tremendous pressure to produce another Rumours. I think Angel is the most played song on my iPod. Storms and Beautiful Child are effortless, Sisters of the Moon is Gold Dust Woman on steroids! Stevie did an amazing job at demonstrating her impeccable versatility on this album. When I saw the Mirage tour footage, with Lindsey's performance of "Not That Funny" I felt like I finally connected to Lindsey as a musician, I felt like I was really seeing him. And I LOVED it. Save Me a Place sounds like it could have been produced in any decade since then. It's timeless! I gotta say that in comparison to Rumours; whose drama was and is still widely talked about, so much is not discussed about Tusk. And there was an enormous amount of tension and life changing situations taking place. Tusk evokes the emotions of the artists in a way that was not as literal As it was in Rumours. I have to say Rumours reeled me in, but Tusk got me
hooked!
love these comments..I agree...fleetwood mac took the "roadless traveled" on Tusk...I find it hard to cut Lindsey a break sometimes but for this success, he is solely responsible