View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I didn’t watch all of the Lady Gag awards, I mean MTV Awards, but I did see most of it. Just a few random thoughts …

Taylor Swift – ok, we know she isn’t the best singer (many said this about Stevie in her early days too ya know) but I genuinely liked it. She’s a storyteller and her performances are more about the overall heartfelt delivery. I’m not a big country music fan, but I appreciate Taylor and thought her performance was good.

Florence – don’t know much about her but as she was singing, I just knew I had seen her somewhere before. She has a duet with Dizze Rascal on a cover song titled “You Got the Love.” I like her performance and also though it was a bit Stevie-ish.

Justin Bieber – Chelsea was funny when she said, “Imagine the kinds of songs he’ll sing once he sees a v-----“. LOL, that was hilarious. And I admit, I was laughing a bit when he started to perform however, you can’t deny the fact that he’s got talent. I know he lip synched but I don’t have a problem with it if the routine is so vigorous that it is nearly impossible to sing live. He actually can sing, this just happened to be a performance that was heavily choreographed.

LG – I read somewhere she mentioned the new title of her CD, “Born This Way.” Great, just what the gays community needs, more pandering. Somehow I know they will just eat this up.