View Single Post
Old 09-13-2015, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[I realize this is just an ad more than anything else]

On the record – with Pete Gallon, Blue Belle Digital 9/13/2015

http://bluebelldigital.co.uk/eastgri...pete-gallon-5/

I have Radio Luxembourg to thank for my introduction to Fleetwood Mac.

Listening to Albatross, fading in and out across the 208 medium wave band, jostling for signal amongst a cacophony of foreign stations broadcasting into the European night – wonderful times, and in the days before the clarity and quality really mattered, the music won me over!

There are two distinct eras of Fleetwood Mac, pre and post RUMOURS.

This multi million-selling album originally released in in 1977 in the midst of the Punk explosion, and was seen by many to be a bit of a dinosaur amongst the raging energy of Punk.

Some dinosaur!

Forty years later and withover 40 million copies sold, it remains one of the best-selling albums ever released.

Recorded during a period of personal turmoil amongst band members, it resultedin the divorce of John and Christine McVie.

Fellow band member Stevie Nicks suggests that the band produced their best work when they were in the toughest times.

The tracks – Go Your Own Way, Dreams, You Make Loving Fun and Don’t Stop – were all released as singles. And more recently The Chain has gained huge recognition associated with BBCs F1 broadcasts.

Future Audio now has a stock of the latest incarnation of this iconic album. Pressed as a double album on 180gram Vinyl, with 45RPM playback, the packaging is beautiful gatefold and – as you would expect – the sound quality is awesome.

Available in store now at £28.