View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 02:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Billy Burnett and John Holk
Written on September 3, 2011 by powerpopaholic in emerging artists, Highly Recommended by Powerpopaholic, Power Pop Review
http://www.powerpopaholic.com/2011/0...john-holk.html

Billy Burnette “Rock and Roll With It”

Burnette has a long and proud history in rock and roll. And I’d be shocked if anyone else short of Brian Setzer can play Rockabilly better, as Billy’s dad helped invent the genre. He’s played with rock legends Fleetwood Mac, Rod Stewart, Ray Charles, Roy Orbison, Jerry Lee Lewis, and many more. The title track of the new album “Rock and Roll With It” is a bona-fide classic with a catchy rhythm that doesn’t quit. “My Love Will Not Change” is an uptempo country rocker that has a highly polished sound that will impress the most jaded critic. “Beautiful Distraction” is a honky tonk theme suitable for the NFL or NASCAR and each following track is solid twang-fest thereafter. “I really felt like it was time. I really like this music. I didn’t get into my dad’s whole Rockabilly thing until after he died.” Burnette says, and we’re all the better he’s carrying on the family business. One listen to the autobiographical “Hot Rod Billy” and you’ll be shakin’ all the way home.

Score: 8