View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 11:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodyhead View Post
I thought at the time (just from listening to the madge sessions on then play on that they were a better 1- 2 punch than the allman/betts or garcia/ratdog, bloomfield/bishop, Quicksilver, savoy Brown,or the two from moby grape.
Some still don't get the full impact of just how good a team they were, particularly on the DK side of the equation. Or is it that too many get led by the chain of all those smarter than thou critics?

Ah and I overlooked your brooklyn lad from earlier, Pappalardi's boy, Leslie West! Mississippi Queen still sees radio time even out west.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubbie7 View Post
For my money, the best song on the album is TMATTYD. Danny's riff is just captivating. I think my favorite Jeremy song is Blood on the Floor. By the time I was listening to this album I was into Poco and Pure Prairie League (and many other "hippie/country" bands) so I actually began to appreciate this song as a well written tongue-in-cheek country and western bit of satire. I think it is a great song.
In the back of my mind I still often think of it as little more than a filler piece (from early impressions), and that tends to stick for some odd reason. But every time I sit down and give it a listen, damn if I don't rediscover what a crafty knock off it is, sung to full effect.

I think what turned me off initially was the Buddy Hollyness of it and now I even get that.

A little Holly, Elvis, Perkins, Lewis, Haley and Owens all rolled up into one! Call it a revisit (and nod) to rockabilly.