View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
interesting discussions!

i'm puzzled by all the calls for putting out the physical copy. i've made a CD out of downloaded version, added some other FM songs, and now usually listen to it in my car. so if you want the physical copy, why not do that? or do you really crave that generic photoshop cover that much?

if most of FM members do not care about sales, as they seem not to judging by their non-promotion of availability of different downloads (none of their official sources list amazon availability, for example, just direct you to itunes), then why in the world would they care for another possible 10,000 copies they could sell if they had physical CD, and go through all the hassle of actually putting it out?

i'm thinking we should poll people here with some of these questions:
  • did you buy Extended Play?
  • on amazon or itunes?
  • just one / two songs or the whole EP?
  • would you buy a physical copy?
  • when you have a choice of download or physical copy which one do you prefer?

i can give you my answers:
  • did you buy Extended Play? yes.
  • on amazon or itunes? both. (although if i knew it would be available on amazon, i would wait and skip itunes)
  • just one song or the whole EP? whole EP
  • would you buy a physical copy? probably not (although i bought almost every available format of SWS and Songs from the Small Machine Live in LA, other than vinyl since i don't own record player).
  • when you have a choice of download or physical copy which one do you prefer? download. i'm all for instant gratification. i want the stuff NOW. unless it's itunes movie, than i'll buy DVD or blu-ray too. and although i hear and am annoyed when someone is off-key (recent Rumours outtakes anyone?), i don't hear or notice all the production nuances that others seem to be so up in arms about. guess our ears catch different frequencies .

if you chose not to download EP, is it because:
  1. didn't like the songs / snippets i heard
  2. didn't like the production
  3. not enough Stevie
  4. no Christine
  5. no Peter Green
  6. i am really not FM fan

(i tried to list what i saw in itunes reviews, as well as here, as a reason for people not liking the album).

It's $4 bucks?... buy it and support the band! May we'll get a physical piece the next time around if there is a next time.