View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenleyFan View Post
But Glenn IS the boss of the Eagles. Glenn has the final say on all band touring, recording and other plans. If Glenn doesn't want to do something, it doesn't happen. Even Don has to acquiesce to Glenn's wishes. For example in 2005 when the band was doing their "California" tour and the dates extended to places outside of CA like Phoenix and Las Vegas Don suggested doing some shows in Dallas since his family hadn't seen them play. Glenn vetoed the idea because if they played in Dallas he couldn't sleep in his own bed.

L&M
www.eaglesfans.com
I seriously doubt that Glenn Frey gets the finally word on all things Eagle or is more concerned about sleeping in his own bed than making a buck. LOL That observation doesn't make a bit of sense as to why they wouldn't extend the California tour. Remember the California Tour of 2005 also included 3 shows in the Hawaiian islands. I know because I went to those shows.

And, BTW don't believe everything you read on the net as being the absolute gospel. FYI that board you keep making reference to is run by fans and not the Eagles. No one really knows, especially fans, what those guys really do or think (behind closed doors.) Anyway my point is: Henley and Frey run the show-jointly and wouldn't let minor issues (like where they sleep) factor into the mix.

As for a joint tour: I would love to see the MAC team up with the Eagles but it probably won't happen. BTW the MAC out-grossed the Eagles last year when it came to tour revenues and the Eagles charged more per ticket-especially those VIP packages. So if they did tour the MAC would be the headliners.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal