View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 09:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
You are making Stevie to be an innocent angel. Stevie was a newly married woman who went on the road and instantly began shacking up with her opening act.
she was also a woman who, before she went on the road, told her husband that she wanted a divorce.

her 'sin' if you want to call it that (I don't mean in a religious sense, just in the sense of the thing people get judgy about) wasn't "cheating" on her spouse, it was marrying him in the first place. She has said in several interviews, notably the Oprah Master Class, that she just "wanted to get my hands on that baby". She didn't really want Kim. I've thought for a long time, since before she admitted it, that she really just wanted the baby. I suspect (she has not said this part) that she saw this as a way for her to have a baby without having the baby herself. Like Robin was the magical baby carrier FOR her to have a child. Drugs and delusion can make you think things like that.

I have an old ET interview done while they were rehearsing for the WH tour and it's about the end of her marriage. So she set the bar before the tour.