View Single Post
Old 07-21-2018, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennonfan View Post
The Mamas and Papas are one of my fave groups since the mid 60's, and they're the prototype for dysfunctional bands like our beloved Mac.

However, that biz from Mckenzie about her diddles with dad were just horrifying and I grimace just thinking about it...but I'll never stop listening to Monday Monday etc. just because the music is too darn good..

so I'm thinking the same as I'm sitting here listening to Future Games...that music is just too darn good, they can't muck it up for me now no matter what they do.

For some reason I have incredible empathy for Lindsey and frankly, without him the band ceases to exist for me. I still like the other band members but regret them making such a decision. I think it still sucks and would rather have seen them just break up.
Omg...The Mamas and the Papas. That situation is probably the only real time I think something personal about a band member legitimately tarnished their music. You hear about people doing all kinds of things, especially in the days of intense drug use, but... that is just... something WAY beyond overlookable. Especially because John was really the creatively musically gifted one of the group when it came to creating their music but to know he was disturbed like that is hard to stomach. And especially how Michelle for a long time said she didn't believe it. Granted she did marry and have a kid with him herself, it makes sense she would be in denial. But the whole thing, just, yikes.