View Single Post
Old 08-05-2017, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Earth to some on this board:
Mainstream radio is never going to play any new song from Stevie Nicks or Fleetwood Mac. Not going to happen... ever. Not going to ever have a hit single no matter how good it is. It may sound harsh but its the truth and reality. By some of the standards on this board we would never get new music for fear of calling it a flop or no hit singles.
This is not the 1980's. If any new music has over 100k buyers, I don't think you can call it a flop no matter any airplay or music videos, etc.
But its just a horrible standard to lay on Stevie, Christine, Lindsey or the Mac. Thank goodness they are not afraid of making new music because they realize they wont get any airplay. Really. Thank goodness!
Note I didn't say radio airplay was the ONLY criteria, but one of several possible criteria. And radio did play Silver Springs. And Landslide. And Peacemaker, although to a lesser degree. And none of those songs were in the 1980s.

Also, just because someone says they think 24 Karat Gold was a flop doesn't mean they're also saying Stevie shouldn't release another album. I haven't seen anyone here suggest that Stevie shouldn't record more music because of the sales of 24 Karat Gold.