View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
1. False. No way she would tell Mick, John and Christine they are not Fleetwood Mac

2. Part true, part false. Getting Lindsey back in the band was a challenge. Stevie did call Lindsey and ask him to perform one more time. However, I don't think Billy was part of any of this and I don't think she or anyone else had to tell Billy to sit out.

3. True. The Mac always spent this kind of money for each album. This was not out of the ordinary in those days
I agree with you on #2. I can totally believe #3, but whether it's true or not, who knows. And I'm surprised no one can believe #1. I can. I think she may have been even more disinhibited on drugs. But what I suspect he means is that Stevie's "people" said it on her behalf. Whether she knew they said it, who knows. I think she's surrounded by a lot of people who do all that sort of dirty work for her. Like Lindsey once said about them getting back together to work on stuff, "Howard is gonna get the best deal for Stevie" meaning her manager, Howard Kauffman. So yeah, I can totally see #1.

think about it-- a lot of people think the Lindsey/Christine/John/Mick album could and should have been called Fleetwood Mac. But it isn't.