View Single Post
Old 02-21-2005, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cour
Dee? I don't like the bashing that goes on and I don't think I'm alone in that. There have been many people who have stated the same thing time and time again, both here on the Ledge and over on the BN board. No one would give a crap if Nancy took the board private. If you wanted to belong you would join. I don't think anyone would have any type of coronary if those theories, speculation and downright bashing were to be made private. The fans who do have a problem with them object because they are public.

I don't have a problem agreeing to disagree. But it seems that Kelly is the only one who is constantly bringing it up here at the Ledge and complaining about what's said about Stevie, what you can say on which board, what you can say when speculating about Stevie's songs that might be about Lindsey, etc. I could dig out a few recent ones but you'd have to be blind to not see them.. People always ignore her because it's obvious what she's trying to do or infer. This time a few people didn't like her generalizing the entire Ledge board. What started all this in this thread was her comments and sensitivity and her insinuating that people were generalizing the BN board as rabid chiffon heads. No one was going to start complaining about BN here and the comments made were only to say that the same could be made about the BN board, or any board for that matter. Normally when I read her comments I just ignroe them, but she made a few the other day about the blue board and some other things and this time I was just tired of her generalizations and double standard. I haven't told you anything and no one can object to something they don't see.

Please let's stop blaming what has been done on the BN board on newbies and some young misguided fans. I've seen you object to a few over the top fans who goad other fans over at the BN board. But for the most part, you have rarely jumped in to a lot of the over the top comments and threads. To be honest, your post on the BN site about Stevie, Lindsey and Kristen's relationship after the house was put up for sale was as out there as many of the others. As I stated in another post earlier today, it depends on your definition of over the top. You think it's fine because it's speculation and you don't seem to do it with the same amount of cattiness as others on that board, but you've hardly commented on over the top nasty comments and threads over the last few years made by many members. There are many reasons why you might not comment, but one could be because you don't see them as over the top or out of line. Or maybe you don't want to ridicule people who you hang with or your friends. . It's not important, but please lets stop blaming what most of us were talking about on the young newbies, that's just not true. I used the most extreme examples, but there are plenty that fall just shy of those but I didn't bring them up because the point I was making was about extremes.

If this **** pot doesn't need to be stirred again, maybe you should be talking to Kelly and tell her to stop lighting the fire under these pots here on the Ledge and throw away her big spoon. Kelly took us down this road, it had died down until highwaywoman didn't want to, or just plain didn't understand the point I was trying to make. I know why I posted what I did and who could give a **** where Mathew posts? If Kelly wants to keep playing such a sensitive soul about what said about Stevie, maybe she'll jump in like you do on BN the next time someone posts something way out of line or humiliating to the people involved.

If you want to PM me about this you can, but I'm not going to keep defending what I said in my original post in this thread because I think most people understood it. It's boring and this place has never been about bashing the BN site and airing their dirty laundry here.
Is this going to be a Jets vs Sharks kind of thing? Can I be Anita?

Romy

Non vogliate negar l'esperienza
di retro al sol, del mondo sanza gente
Considerate la vostra semenza
fatti non foste a viver come bruti
ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza ~ Dante Alighieri, Divina Commedia, Inferno Canto XXVI