View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 02:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine is great at what she does, but she is not a headliner act on her own. I never attended any shows on her solo tour, but I did buy the video that was released after. It was good, but the show clearly lacked the elements/energy to rouse a crowd. Her demeanor is understated, and so counter-intuitive to someone like Stevie, or any front-line performer with a type A personality who thrives on the attention.

The reviews of her shows confirm that. She's just not that kind of performer. Thankfully, the Fleetwood Mac dynamic provided the best context in which her best attributes could shine. Her talents are more subtle.

In The Meantime has some great songs, with a little more meat on them. But I wasn't surprised that she didn't tour the album. ('Friend" could/should have been a Fleetwood Mac song!)

I can't wait to see what she has to offer on the new album, with Lindsey collaborating so closely with her. She seems very inspired by reuniting with her musical family. Having lived such a sedate life in the England countryside, this must be a very exciting and stimulating time for her to be back in the fray, making music again.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 06-30-2014 at 02:07 AM..