View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 08:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyman10 View Post
Forgiveness and letting things go are close cousins. I said it was the beginning, that's all. As for why FM would want forgiveness - it depends on what everyone wants. There could certainly be a desire to express regret at how the situation escalated. But you're right: MF and CM have added a gloss to LB's ejection that it hard to come back from, but not impossible. I mean, you've seen these people, right? Mick could melt his neck down and make door knockers for half of England out of it.

I don't think LB will ever be back in the band, but that's more because of the complications of who replaced him. I wouldn't be surprised if NF and MC would be more than okay with it if Chris or John said they wanted to retire, and then the 'new band' can quietly dissolve without anyone calling them out on it.

I guess I think it's more about understanding. LB's big on that and I think SN also wants to move on, make peace before it's too late for either of them. They can agree to never see each other ever again, wish one another well, without being in a state of cold war. My hunch is that this 'Landslide' is the first move in making it known to the public that that's happened or is happening now. They're trying to move the fans' anger onto the same higher plane. Seems obvious to me.
Why is it so important that they're on good terms when clearly the band doesn't want to be on good terms with him? They kicked him out, they barely expressed concern after his heart attack (I'm still waiting for Nicks to dedícate Landslide to Lindsey), and after yesterday's news they still don't want to have anything to do with him. They're not asking for his or his family's forgiveness because they're convinced there's nothing to forgive.
They also don't care about the fans' opinion, as long as they're still buying tickets.

I wouldn't read much into this Landslide performance, really. Just another HS thing. Like many people have expressed here, it's a popular choice.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.