View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
Nobody visited him in the hospital when he had that seizure in the 70's but they did call him and send flowers. Carol said she could tell Lindsey was offended. I had hoped they would've grown up a little since then but I guess not.
i wouldn't necessarily put too much stock in Carol's version of that story, especially considering we've seen AMA footage and her completely opposite version in the book.
Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I used to think Carol was lying. After this, not anymore.

Lindsey is better off without them.
yeah, i think it can go either way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Exactly how much of Carol’s truth are you willing to accept?
depends on the story. AMA? not so much. running barefoot through DC? not so much. violence episodes? i usually go with believe the woman. Eric Clapton and darts in the cold english castle story? i find that one amusing so i'll go with believing in that one. Lindsey's fetish for shoulders? i think there's a lot of evidence for that one. so i think it's pretty fair assumption that her stories and interpretations are hit and miss and hard to say which ones are exactly true and which ones are embellished. a lot of dark stuff but also a lot of fun read in Carol's book.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"