View Single Post
Old 05-10-2018, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Ok, by special request, I'm here.

"Cover band"?? So what?

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers were pretty much a cover band....look how many tunes they played in concert from artists like the Yardbirds, the Kinks, the Animals, Them, Cbuck Berry, the Rolling Stones, Thunderclap Newman, John Lee Hooker, Booker T & The MG's, the Traveling Wilburys...and, Fleetwood Mac (among dozens & dozens of others)...and all those bands did covers as well.

Stevie's covered at least TWO Tom Petty tunes (not counting "Stop Draggin'....") in concert and on album. So, with Mike Campbell in the band now, of COURSE they're going to play a Tom Petty tune or two...my guess is the obvious ones, "I Need To Know" & "Free Fallin'"

EVERY band covers other people...it's a NORMAL thing. Especially, bands who have many personnel changes, the next in line play songs by previous personnel.

And, again, Fleetwood Mac has had 18 members (11 guitarists) and your world is ending because ONE of them isn't in the band anymore?

JEZZZZUSSSSS people pull your heads out, take a valium, smoke a joint, whatever your vice is & get it together.

There's new blood in Fleetwood Mac...not like it hasn't happened before. When Lindsey & Stevie joined they were incarnation #10, TEN!! Personnel changes are a Fleetwood Mac fact of life! The aboration is that they've gone as long as they have without one.

Buckingham is a musician, he was planning a solo tour & album and guess what? He'll keep making music. Just not with Fleetwood Mac. NOT THE END OF THE WORLD. In fact, he'll probably be MORE prolific now that he doesn't have to compromise with the rest of the band.

As SteveMacD pointed out...even Lindsey & Stevie had to "pay their dues" by doing songs by previous Fleetwood Mac members...I don't recall people slashing their wrists or going on verbal tirades because of it. Grow TF UP!!!

Fleetwood Mac is dead....LONG LIVE FLEETWOOD MAC!!!
um... good to see you posting again?

I recognize that this band has the right to call itself Fleetwood Mac.

For some, Fleetwood Mac is their favorite band no matter who is in it. They see it as an entity to which they are loyal, like a country or a church.

I, however, do not consider all the incarnations of Fleetwood Mac to be equal. I think about it in terms of the music. If the band is not making music that I enjoy, it is no longer my favorite band.

Without Lindsey, the Fleetwood Mac that I love is over. As Mick himself stated, this is a "new band" now, and I will never hear my favorite incarnation play together again. That is something I am sad about, and I don't think that's terribly irrational or ridiculous.

The fact that it all went down in such an ignominious fashion is the other half of this, which makes the event not only sorrowful but also disgraceful.... the wrong that was done to Lindsey. It's not the end of the world, but it sure ticks me off.

Last edited by sodascouts; 05-10-2018 at 04:52 PM..