View Single Post
Old 09-01-2016, 11:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the advice and kind words guys...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I agree with everyone up. It's hard when you lose a pet because they're a member of your family, almost like a child since you do have to take care of them and we end up investing a lot of affection and bond strongly with them. That's particularly true if it's our first animal or an animal that accompanied us for long during our life.
Since you can't re-adopt another right away and maybe you still don't feel ready, try doing some little charity work with animals to help you during your grieving. Even if there's not a shelter near your house, you can help stray cats in your neighborhood. Me and my family (as well as other families) have arranged some sheltered beddings for stray cats and bring them food.
I assure you that even when you''ll have another pet it won't tarnish the memories you had with Buttons, I think none of us have forgotten even slightly any pet we had.
Thank You.Yes .Thats what I'm thinks to got down to the center and help out in her name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
I've heard people to often say "but I couldn't replace my pet". Yet it isn't about replacing them, it is about giving another animal a home that doesn't have one. Which is why I don't like pet shops and the like. There are enough animals around that have no homes without more being bred. Which is why we have four cats and a dog.
Yes .I agree.Yes .Get them neutered and spayed like Bob Barker for years and now Drew Carey saying on The Price is Right game show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
you should go find a a rescue or 2

Obviously you need the companionship and they need to have a loving home , just remember there will be an adjustment period but it will be good for both of you .

you Obviously loved Buttons ,and he best way to honor her memory is to give a home to one in need and it will do wonders for your own well being .
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Are you going to get yourself a new cat? If so, do you have a good rescue centre near you?

My two cats (Lottie and Solo) are from a rescue centre. Lottie lived with a family that mistreated her. When she was expecting a litter of kittens the family dog chewed her leg off so the family threw her out. A passer-by found her in a storm in a drain- only one of the litter survived (Solo). We've had them for about 6 years now. Lottie gets around well with only three legs. She's quite funny to watch when she gets into an argument with other cats- she forgets she only has three legs and waves her stump around in the air menacingly.
I'd recommend pets from a shelter.

I know you are grieving over Buttons but a seeing a new cat might help you to move on.
Yes I got the local shelter here and towns around me that I can make my rounds when I'm ready.Most of them are connected to the www.petfinder.com website which I've been looking at now.I'll go to the local shelter first since its a couple miles from here and its not on Petfinder.com. .I read the pros and cons online about getting the same cat fur color and reusing names .I do want a another black cat since I think they are cool and makes me think of the Sheba cat food commercial.I should have no problem finding one since some people dont like black cats since they are bad luck in their mind.I if I dont like her current name .I would like to rename her Stephanie or Rhiannon which was my first cats name.I probably nick name her Buttons Jr .It would be cool if Stevie used a black cat in her Rhiannon photos.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016