View Single Post
Old 12-01-2018, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
You mean the same stupid nostalgia cashgrab Lindsey would be doing if he hadn’t been fired?
I don't think he would have continued indefinitely with greatest hits tours and no new albums (or other creative band projects). You're drawing a false equivalence between them. But the difference is that, while he would acquiesce reluctantly to yet another greatest hits tour and no album, she would positively revel in it. Have no doubt that he would have reached his departure point on his own, big machine or no big machine. You've reminded us yourself a million times how little he thought (and was willing to keep quiet about) the East West thingies.

Really, though, cash grab isn't the issue. Writing something new is the issue. He has it all over her in that department, although I guess you could argue that she's a lot more creative than he is in other media, like TV. (I of course give her all props for In Your Dreams in 2011.)

Quote:
I imagine she and Neil will probably have some kind of collaboration.
They're by way of collaborating now. Oh, you mean they plan to write some songs together? No. They won't. They may have struck up a friendship on tour (or not). But he's a long way from becoming a Dave Stewart or a Sandy Stewart in her life.

moviekinks.blogspot.com

Last edited by David; 12-01-2018 at 08:31 PM..