View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
He said that one of them was threatening to quit the band, so I got the impression that they were arguing and JC sent him in there to round them up. I don't think it was a practical joke. I think they were bickering with one another and that's why JC disappeared and let Richard do the work. Richard went in and got caught in the cross fire. And if it had been a joke, I don't think John would have been chasing him afterwards, because him throwing food back at her would have been funny too -- as in the whip cream fight that we got to witness on video. It wouldn't have been cause for John's revenge.

Michele
Here's Richard's post in response to someone asking Do you have any cool backstage or tour stories?

Once upon a time at the Syracuse War Memorial in NY, first tour I think 1974, I was met right after the show by JC (John Courage) at the sound board. I was told that the band was breaking up (I think Chris was leaving the band this time) & I was needed backstage right away. Upon arriving at the backstage door, I briefly remember catching a glimpse of Christine right before a platter, & I mean a giant platter of cold cuts hit me squarely in the face with the force of a Lindsey guitar solo. In the midst of much laughter, I picked up as much mayonnaise laden bad meat as my hand could muster & hurled it right at Chris. SPLAT! I ran like a scared rat because I knew John M. would have to defend his wife & he did not disappoint. By now, the whole band & road crew were all involved & he had a hard time hunting me down. That night, we were ferrying clean towels to the venue from the hotel in a vain attempt to clean the place. But to no avail. The next day, the local paper was abuzz with how FM trashed the War Memorial, had no respect for the Vets, (bull****) & would have to pay for the damage. Well, when Johnny M found me the next day, it wasn’t food he hit me with, but the threat of the entire bill for the venue. Wow, it wasn’t my fault…. I never ended up paying………

I wouldn't think there would be "much laughter" from him and the band if she were really pissed. Saying the band broke up still sounds like a ruse to me.

We should ask him since he seems open to questions.