View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad975 View Post
On songs like "Go Your Own Way," I know Stevie and Christine are probably in there but it's hard to tell. Concerning the studio version of "The Chain," I didn't even know Christine was vocally present till I read it recently. I'd like to think Stevie is on "Think About Me," but I really don't know what to think. Some of you probably have better ears than I do.

Christine has a smooth tone that tends to blend in, so even if can tell she's in the mix (e.g. "Dreams"), I don't necessarily pick up her distinctive sound. And Stevie was criminally underutilized on backing vocals/harmonies.

Lindsey, however, was perhaps overused. By Mirage/Tango, it seemed like almost every song had a lush blurry choir of Lindseys. Not long ago, I played Mirage straight through for my bf who'd never heard anything but the singles. "Lindsey 'I've Got to Be on Every Song' Buckingham" was what he called him afterward.
Some good points here.

Stevie and Chris are definitely on GYOW, you can hear them when Lindsey drops out before the big guitar solo, but because Stevie is just doubling Lindsey's main chorus melody, and Lindsey is harmonising with himself on the lower harmony, you can't hear it that well.

Think About Me, very hard to tell, I feel like Stevie is again singing the melody in the chorus which makes it hard to pick out.

Dreams, Stevie doubles up Christine's harmony and I think S's one is mixed too high at some points drowning Christine out.

Definitely - if Lindsey had gone for a proper 3 part on his songs instead of all him it would have sounded amazing