View Single Post
Old 09-04-2005, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts
And I find it disgusting how everybody seems more eager to find someone to blame and condemn than to focus on the positives that people are getting saved and helped. It frustrates me that people like you believe they have the answers to everything, and therefore self-righteously going around proclaiming it. Did you read the answers about buses posted earlier? Guess what. It's not as simple as you'd like to think and maybe someone needs to tell you that. Sorry if you don't like it.
I never once claimed to have the answers, I claimed that this was handled in a way that is shameful. I find it incredibly hard to believe that this relief effort couldn't be more organized and put into action much sooner. Am I happy that people are finally getting out of there? You can bet your sorry ass. But I'm incensed that these people had to go for days without food, water, medical attention, or rescue all because of bureaucratic red tape, fingerpointing, and time spent giving lousy press conferences and setting up photo-ops. I'm incensed that politicians are congratualting each other instead of once making a statement in the media for those who are trapped, dying, and suffering not to give up hope. I'm incensed that these politicians are playing around as if this is some PR playground instead of getting their hands dirty and helping people. Tell the mothers whose children have been raped that the best job is being done, tell that to those who slept on the highway amongst dead bodies and rats for days. If you don't feel that way, that's you, but it takes some serious gall for you to attack the people who do with sarcasm and your holier-than-thou attitude that you enjoying parading about whenever you get the chance. My apologies if you don't like it.