View Single Post
Old 02-11-2022, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I do agree with the consensus that IDWTK flows better and sounds better on Rumours. I would just point out it sounds this way because of our comfort in knowing the song and its instantly identified as Rumours. Its a great song after The Chain.
However, if Rumours would have had Silver Springs instead, I would bet the same people would have said it was Rumours sound and could not imagine the album without it. We are all comfortable with things we know. Its all Monday Morning quarterbacking and second guessing after a huge success. Its impossible to do that. Lets be real most any song they did during this era would have sounded great. There were no duds back then. This band was on fire so much that it irked Lindsey to try something different.

Can you imagine that instead of Tusk a double album if it was Rumours. I imagine Silver Springs, Sleeping Angel, Think About Me and others in the Rumours sound.

I try to imagine that I never heard any of the songs before and put Rumours together with the songs they recorded. I seriously may have axed IDWTK and NGBA for Silver Springs. Those other 2 would have been fantastic Tusk additions. I am honest and not playing to comfort/consensus game that Mick is.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 02-11-2022 at 12:52 PM..