View Single Post
Old 05-17-2008, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
I remember rumours in 1983 after The Mirage tour, which was only 18 American cities, a tiny amount when compared to the far larger prior four tours.
You remember nothing of the sort, strandford. There was no rumor that the band had split in 1983.

Quote:
I always thought the tour was shortened because they were not all that happy being together again.
I'm going to hit you. How did you know at the time that the tour was shortened? At the time (& I followed the tour very closely by attending, reading news & staying in constant touch with the fan network), I just thought it was a short tour. (Actually, to be a bit more brutally honest, it was STEVIE who was periodically written about & talked about as the cause of Fleetwood Mac's short tour & periods of inactivity -- see the Record article in 1982 by David Gans.)

Quote:
Put it this way, the TITN album was couched in terms of reuniting
You're being disingenuous (the way you were with "sovereign). "Reuniting" can mean "We broke up but now we're reuniting" -- like VAN HALEN in 2007 -- & it can mean "We haven't done anything for a long time & now we're working on something new." The latter is what applies to the Fleetwood Mac situation in 1986.

Quote:
You really don't think that LB had all but unofficially walked away from FM after the Mirage tour?
No, I don't! At least not in the all-or-nothing terms you frame it in. It's a really myopic view of yours that Lindsey walked away in 1983. They ALL walked away -- the band went into one of its lengthy periods of inactivity. The band did not break up, & none of its members left. As has been said a million times, by people inside & outside the band, things were put ON HOLD.

What would Lindsey have been walking away from, incidentally? Inactivity?

Quote:
To me, it's obvious - though I readily admit he publicly did not officially leave the band until 1987.
Gee, are you sure you want to go out on a limb like that?

Quote:
I think this is why Stevie went ful steam ahead in the solo market. I think she thought that there was no use waiting for FM and IMO LB to get back together and in the studio.
Well, you've neatly wrapped that sucker right up.

"Lindsey refuses to come back & work with Fleetwood Mac, so I'm gonna have a solo career! Muaahahahahaaahaaa!!"

moviekinks.blogspot.com