View Single Post
Old 12-26-2016, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

L. A. Music Blog December 14th, 2016 Zein Khleif

http://lamusicblog.com/2016/12/news/...cks-the-forum/

SHOW PREVIEW: STEVIE NICKS @ THE FORUM
The 24 Karat Gold Tour is in full swing!

The “Reigning Queen of Rock and Roll,” Stevie Nicks, will be gracing The Forum’s stage on Sunday, December 18th. The 24 Karat Gold Tour, which just grew by another 25 dates, has Nicks and special guests The Pretenders traveling across the United States (with a stop in Vancouver) until April 2017.
Originally making her name with Fleetwood Mac in 1975, the “Landslide” singer launched her solo career in the early 1980s. She has released eight solo albums and has collectively sold 140 million records to date. Her most recent LP, 2014’s 24 Karat Gold: Songs from the Vault, features 14 tracks — all re-recorded from unreleased demos spanning the entirety of her career. That’s over 30 years worth of perspective on songs about love, loss, and healing.

The longevity of her career in such a finicky business truly astounds me. Very few artists have had as much success, over as much time, as Stevie Nicks. Her raspy voice and iconic style have been receiving rave reviews by journalists and fans alike.

I’m wholly upset that I’ll be out of town during her LA show (if only I hadn’t purchased my non-refundable holiday air fare!). But knowing Nicks is still the same passionate, mysterious, and vibrant musician that I grew up listening to gives me hope that I’ll witness her greatness at a later date down the road.