View Single Post
Old 07-25-2022, 10:40 AM
Senior Ledgie

Oh 100% on them making googly eyes and holding hands. I remember maybe Q Magazine noting back in 1998 that the hand holding etc. was more or less for show. At the time, I wrote it off as them being snarky about FM as a legacy act (Q was a very snarky British music magazine back in the day). But now looking back, it’s hard not to be very skeptical of the lovey-dovey schtick they did between 1998-2018. After The Dance and particularly without Christine, I think they were acutely aware that the SN/LB dynamic was a big draw. Part of me wonders if they could even put on a show after this very public, very nasty split. Their whole persona has been overcoming their differences and the love that is still there. They’ve never been a shut up and sing for the money band like The Eagles.

(My autocorrect just changed lovey-dovey to lovey-dicey and that is so on point!)

I tend to think they won’t tour again anyway. But there’s a lot of money in touring and that has motivated them plenty of times before.