View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 12:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamwilliame View Post
I have loved this band and their work together since the late 70s, but I think I have finally had enough of the drama. It honestly feels like it is time for the Rumours lineup to call it a day. If they want to work together in various configurations, great. I would not be upset if they called off the tour which seems to keep getting pushed back.
I know how you feel. My emotional responses to the band are stunted from my fatigue and their exposure. I always thought that the soap opera label they gave themselves applied to their romantic lives together, but it's the most hellish aspect of daytime soaps—the lack of story resolution that prevents characters from moving on—that characterizes Fleetwood. Just like with soaps, you can tune out for years and then tune back in, and you'll still be stuck watching scenes with two ex-lovers talking to each other, saying the same thing they were saying when you left them years earlier.

Something occasionally comes out that cuts through 30 or 40 years of bull**** and puts me in touch with what I felt a long time ago. Last year's Tusk Deluxe does that for me—the Village tracks, the live tracks, and the art put me back in touch with emotions I had about Fleetwood Mac in '79 and haven't had since. So I've been listening to Deluxe for a few months now and soaking in it. What a joy!

Quote:
Stevie and Lindsey have both become insufferable in my opinion. I would hate to be a journalist tasked with interviewing either of them.
Aaaand there's that.

moviekinks.blogspot.com