View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenStu View Post
Part of me will be a little dissapointed if she rejoins the band. I'll explain why:

He then went on to say that "What we saw there was history. No one will ever top this. We probably never have to see another live gig again after witnessing that." I agreed with him that we could never, ever top that evening.
yeah i can understand that. your unique once-in-a-lifetime experience won't be that unique anymore.

like when LB did Rock Away Blind live at his Q&A in NYC for the first time ever, and right after receiving standing O said "i will never do that song again". and people who were there felt that we got something really special. although, once he started adding the song on request during his subsequent tour, i can't say i ever regretted it. it was still amazing to hear it a few more times, even if we weren't that unique anymore.

similarly with Walk A Thin Line. neither LB or FM performed it live, ever. Mick even mentioned it to me during one of his m&gs. i happily let him know how wrong he was - that LB performed a verse of WATL on our request (or more accurately insistent badgering ) at his solo show in Chicago, for a special occasion. Mick seemed shocked, he stopped me, put his hand on my shoulder, and looked at me like "who are you and why would he do that?". a friend of mine said after that she is kinda happy FM didn't have it as a part of the setlist this year, because what we got is even more special, and completely unique experience that never happened before or after. i can see that reasoning, but i still want the whole song, added as a regular part of the setlist, either FM or solo.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"