View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i guess everybody here knows and accepts that she rambles on and doesn't really think what she's saying every time, and that maybe she doesn't really mean it the way it comes out... but not everybody knows and understands that if they don't know much about her.

as for the pop music world now, maybe i'm wrong, but people like Gaga or Adele seem like pretty powerful and strong women, no?
I've read hundreds of articles on Stevie over the past 28 years, and I don't recall her ever once implying that she was the first female rocker in a man's world. She's always included Chris, Ann, Nancy, Linda, et al, when talking about this subject.

In regards to Janis (and Stevie certainly gives her a lot of credit too), I think the reason she often isn't included with this particular group of women, is the fact that she presented herself in a more aggressive fashion (as was stated earlier in this thread about Joan Jett). She was very much "one of the guys," by all accounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i guess everybody here knows and accepts that she rambles on and doesn't really think what she's saying every time, and that maybe she doesn't really mean it the way it comes out... but not everybody knows and understands that if they don't know much about her.
Stevie speaks off the cuff, thankfully. No rehearsed responses or speeches. So, yeah, I'm sure there are times when things don't come out quite the way she meant them, but I prefer that. It's refreshing, and keeps things interesting when she's answering the same questions she's been asked for decades. It also shows us more of her human side.

If people who aren't as familiar with her don't get that, so be it.