View Single Post
Old 10-15-2018, 05:40 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Obviously there's a lot more to the story than simply how Lindsey behaved at MusicCares. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. If you want to learn more about the back story, check out the book "Storms" by Carol Ann Harris. I'm sure a lot of this will be much publicized now that the band is being forced to explain why they fired Lindsey.
We know, "obviously" there must be something to exonerate Stevie and the band. Not a surprise that you'll find any reason to disbelieve Lindsey's side of the story, after demanding to hear it.

The problem is, I don't think Carol Ann Harris's book is too reliable. It's not objective history, it's just another person's side of the story. And a non-band member at that, no matter how much Carol Ann tries to exaggerate her role in the band's circle. If FM is going to bring up stuff from that long ago as grounds for Lindsey's firing, everyone in the band will come out looking bad. Stevie should have been fired for events in the recent past (refusing to record, delaying FM tours by prolonging her solo tours), so how is she in a position to advocate for Lindsey's firing?

I'm sure the truth lies somewhere in the middle, but I don't think Lindsey's making up the list of grievances from Azoff/Stevie. And it's going to make Stevie and the band look petty and possibly worse if any of that is true.

Anyway, there will most likely be an out of court settlement, with nothing publicized. It's in no one's interests to air the band's dirty laundry... there's plenty of mud to fling around.

Last edited by saniette; 10-15-2018 at 05:48 PM..