View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 06:43 AM
Ledgie

I don't buy most of this. There'll be a Rumours lineup final tour in 2020 (if everyone stays alive)... More than that, bc Nicks and Buckingham are the big names (and he has *an anthology* to tour—really, a glorified greatest hits???) it's easy to make the press about the two of them.

If I recall correctly, when it was four of them Nicks got 40% and the guys split the other 60% three ways. Adding Christine McVie changes that, surely, and the other two new ones could be hired and paid separately (but it's still gotta come from somewhere)...The point of this, IT'S FLEETWOOD AND CHRISTINE MCVIE WHO MADE THIS DECISION!! Perhaps Stevie Nicks finally put her orthopedic boot down, bc that would be the thing that'd make all the money people side with them, but there's no amount of anything that Buckingham OR Nicks could say that would convince me this isn't in some large part a way to promote his solo tour, give them something fun to do, and then reconvene for a final tour. BUT MORE THAN THAT...IT'S THE PEOPLE WHO'VE BEEN IN FLEETWOOD MAC LONGER THAN Buckingham and Nicks.

It's CHRISTINE MCVIE, PEOPLE!! I'd put money on it.