Thread: Common Sense
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2004, 11:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Mad4stevie
Honestly, one of the main "issues" that I have with the liberal agenda is the lack of personal responsibility - the "someone else has to be responsible for me" or the "it's someone else's fault" type attitudes. Of course, I am generalizing here - I know alot of you do not subscribe to this opinion.
I have to take issue with that statement, as I don't believe it's the "liberal agenda" to pass blame elsewhere.
And if liberals do blame conservatives for certain things, they're certainly not alone, as I hear plenty of conservatives blaming various problems on "those damn liberals."
So it's another one of those two-way streets.

I'm about as liberal as they come, and I'll go on until I'm blue in the face about the importance of personal responsibility.

I often wonder when this all started. I'm not so old to remember the days when people still felt it "takes a village to raise a child."
I know my neighbors certainly weren't opposed to letting us kids know about it, if we were doing something wrong... and my parents had no problem with that.

Perhaps it was the "me first" nature of the Reagan era that changed all that. But I'm not "placing blame," mind you!