View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
LOL no, I'm a Fleetwood Mac fan, first and foremost. And except for the name Judy Wong, which I've seen often in the liner notes of FM albums, I have no idea who is in any entourage, whether it be Stevie, Mick, or Lindsey. But thanks for confirming that the conspiracy theorists are alive and well here. I thought fiver's post said this woman works with Cameron Crowe, who helped organize this event. In my eyes, she was likely showing her support for a candidate running for office and or supporting her co-worker. In your eyes, she was there solely to spy on Lindsey for Stevie. I'll say it too- gimme a break!

I'm a fan of the band and the members, but not to the extent that I know the names of their family members or friends or entourage. Actually, maybe I should say I'm more a fan of their music rather than the members themselves. I've never really been into idolatry, especially for celebrities. Like a meet and greet for Mick- I wouldn't pay $600 to meet any of them, because, well, it's just not my thing. I couldn't say anything to them they hadn't already heard a million times ("I love your music") but that's fine if other people want to. I don't keep newspaper clippings, or photos, or record every appearance they make. I do buy the group albums and individual albums, but I don't keep them if I don't like them, which is why I got rid of Time, In the Meantime, 24 Karat Gold, and Gift of Screws.
I don't study the band's entourage either, but maybe because I come from the era of actual vinyl albums that had lots of interesting liner notes, etc. which I did read because that was part of the "thing" of listening to an album-- reading the liner notes as you listened etc....... So I recognize names just from that. And I haven't sat and read liner notes for a number of years now. I did have to Google her name when people brought it up because I had no recollection of her role, but the name totally rang a bell.

Guess that makes me a conspiracy theorist. And makes you a far better person.

It's fascinating that people don't understand that rich and famous stars do not, no matter how much PR they put out to the contrary, live their lives like you and I do. They *absolutely* have entourages, posses, handlers, gatekeepers, whatever you want to call it. And they *do* have people on their teams who feel it is their duty to look out for their boss, whatever that takes, including keeping tabs on other band members. People on here have heard directly from various people who work for the band that this goes on.

Do fans need to care about this? Not if they don't want to. But if some people find it interesting, and factor this real info into their understandings of what is going on, it doesn't make them "conspiracy theorists".

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 05-12-2018 at 02:18 PM..