View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
From Fleetwoodmacnews.com:

At #143 (down from #63) The new EP "Extended Play" extended it's stay on the top 200 indie chart selling a further 672 units for the sales week down 53% vs the previous week where it sold 1,435 units. Total U.S. sales since it's release April 30th is an abysmal 10,709.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Not surprising. I don't really think the whole EP thing was the way to go anyway. But good for them for trying.

Also, I think minimal Stevie presence was a mistake as well, sales-wise.

But we'll never really know...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
That is abysmal, especially for new product under the name Fleetwood Mac. I was hoping that the EP would've sold at least 20-25K units by now, but considering the fact that this was an Indie release, quietly distributed via Itunes & Amazon for digital download only, I guess that I shouldn't be all that surprised. But whoever overlooked the opportunity to sell hard copy CD's of this EP at their merchadise table should be shot, because otherwise I would anticipate that they could've easily sold between 10-20K more copies by now to the fans (mostly older) who'd be more drawn to a physical copy. I have to think that the 10K+ units sold so far only further perpetuates Stevie's notion that the majority of people do not want new music, much less a full length record.
Question: Is this EP considered a flop? Too soon to tell?