View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 07:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I think you have to put talk of a new album into perspective. Of course they are saying it and need to say it to promote the idea the new members are not tour replacements. Just remember the Mac also said they were going to make lots of albums with Rick and Billy and they were much younger then.
Lots of talk. Lindsey even stated there was most likely another Buck/Vie album last year. Yeah, right! It was never going to happen but now its certain not to happen.

I can see it now. The Fleetwood Mac 2022 tour sponsored by Depends
Chris can barely play now if she is playing at all. The last song of the tour she needs to sit in a chair. I get it, she stood all night and is doing fantastic for her age. She could be a great grandma. But I just don't see them touring again.
At least they managed one album with Billy & Rick. I don't think they could have foreseen Rick getting fed up or the whole feud over Silver Springs or the sudden (I think) death of Chris's father which pushed things in the direction they went.

Lindsey and Chris both told Uncut (or somesuch magazine) that although a second BuckVie album would be fun it wasn't an immediate priority for either of them. Sadly I have to agree that short of either Mick or John croaking it or going into a care home and F Mac finallly being declared defunct and Chris freed from the corporate "Don't talk to Lindsey" rule, it's about as likely as Yoko Ono kissing Mark Chapman.
I wish Mick would just say definitively that the group does not exist anymore. Then we can edit Wikipedia and get rid of all this crap about the surviving members of the 2018-19 lineup comprising a current configuration.

Thanks to Mick and all erstwhile members for the good times.