View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by petep9000 View Post
Was the Checkerdome show that was filmed for the Tusk tour doc not filmed in it's entirety? How about the LA shows (or shows) that were used for the HBO Mirage special? The reason I ask is that in the CV commentary, Stevie claims that she didn't think FM ever did what she did; film an entire show and package it for release. I say, she's delusional and maybe is having severe memory lapses.
I would imagine all those shows were filmed in their entirety. It would make absolutely no sense to turn off your cameras in mid-show, & then turn them back on later for encores or what-have-you. If you set up cameras & crews & mics & all that paraphernalia, you keep the cameras rolling for the entire concert. You haven't even made a decision at that point which songs of a show you're going to keep in a videotape -- that's an editing decision probably made while looking at all the footage long after the filming is over, just like all the cuts.

Stevie doesn't apparently know or remember. But then again, she thinks she toured Wild Heart in 1984.

Now, this doesn't necessarily apply to news cameras from local TV stations, who might film a number or two & then pack up to get back to the newsroom to file a story.