View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In no particular order (Beause I just can't)

Plastic Letters - Blondie
This album is just all out bliss! When I first heard it, I played it on repeat for 3 days. It's much more raw than their first album and all the follow ups, for me, this IS Blondie. It exhudes everything they are for me.

Fleetwood Mac - Tango in the Night
Because it was my first. It's not their best, in my opinion, but it's the album that I first heard, it was also one of my first records (I took guardianship of it from my mums collection) It was also the first album I ever played on my turntable. Christine REALLY shines throughout on it too.

The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars - David Bowie
In one word... Epic. In a few more; I will never get enough of this album. I play it so often, I have two copies. The vocals are perfect, the look is f*ing gorgeous. I'd do a lot for Ziggy Stardust The guitar is infectious and the lyrics are out-of-this-world clever.

The Velvet Underground and Nico - The Velvet Underground
In my opinion, the Velvets at their best.

Christine Perfect - Christine Perfect
Gah, I love this one SO much. I play it at least once a day and every night before I go to bed. This album taught me to love Blues. I just wish I could afford a vinyl copy (I don't own a CD player)

Horses - Patti Smith
Before I heard this album I had a lot of hate for Patti, because she'd been rude to Debbie Harry in the past, now she's one of my biggest idols and inspirations. I remember finding it at a flea market for £1 and thinking 'what the heck, if I don't like it, I'll get £5 for it on eBay'. I'm so glad I did buy it though, it's one that changed the way I look at things and re-kindled my love for poetry.

Lungs - Florence + the Machine
Lungs is the only album I listen to released after 1989 (Bar my favourite bands and artists albums like SYW, No Exit, TISL etc) and boy do I love it. Florence Welch has an amazing voice. Fact. She also brought new life to a song that I hated before. And there's lots of Tabourine useage

Never Mind the Bollocks Here's the Sex Pistols - Sex Pistols
Need I say more?

Bella Donna - Stevie Nicks
IMO, Stevie at her best. I have Edge of Seventeen as my alarm tone to wake me up in the morning. I love everything about it and would sell my soul to have been alive to see the tour.

Def, Dumb & Blonde - Deborah Harry
Def, Dumb and Blonde is my favourite of Debbie's solo albums. The songs are danceable or just easy to listen to in an evening. They never fail to cheer me up either. Not to mention that gorgeous NJ accent on the spoken lyrics.

Oh my god, this is long O_o

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr