View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post

And, during Sara, she sang the line "I'll go anywhere, ask me and I'll be there..." (I think I messed that up a little) directly to Lindsey. I have been so used to no contact that it was very obvious this time.

The Gypsy intro was very long, giving a list of people they worked with...how she joined a group she didn't know Lindsey was part of, went two blocks to rehearse in Lindsey's house--which she didn't know was Lindsey's house, etc, etc. (all very cute) and then (rather jarringly) said "and that's what this song is about. That time, The Velvet Underground, back to the floor-with Lindsey in my bed..." (and yeah, I know she's been saying it for a while, but it's the first time I heard it--and in those particular words so it was...odd).

Then, she dedicated Landslide to PS 22's choir (who were "too young" to be there tonight) but sang Landslide to her. And there she told Lindsey she was going to tell a story and she didn't know if he knew this (and he shook his head) but when she played Landslide for Lindsey for the first time, and she doesn't play the guitar very well, and she'd play something and he'd play it back, and he played beautifully, and after they were done, she went in another room and cried at how beautiful it was. And, tonight, after hearing this choir, she burst into tears, too. So, she dedicated it to them and to Madison Square Garden and all the performers who performed in the hallowed halls, and all those to come. It was very sweet and very touching.
I loved your review Regina, although I felt tortured, because I wanted to see some of those moments. Good heavens.

"Back to the floor with Lindsey in my bed." Well, gee . . . all righty then.

Lindsey may not have remembered her reaction to Landslide, but he probably remembered she wasn't a very good guitar player!

Yes, their thing with Sara really gets to me, especially when I think of the interviews where Stevie talks about having been willing to give up her career, for Joe Walsh, for instance. And because they aren't turning their mic to each other all the time (as they did with Say Goodbye last time), the moments when they do are quite special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
My only fault with him--the Big Love speech. Dear Lord--it's grown to 45 minutes! No wonder I had to run for my bus back home. Blah-blah-blah-redemption--loss of something or other--destruction of the western world--reconciliation--plague, pestilence, yada, yada. Geez, Louise. Just sing the damned thing already!
Yes, he's psychotic. It's not that I even want him to stop. I just want to understand the mentality of someone who needs to do that. What is going on inside of him that he feels compelled? I'm sure he's read a couple of reviews saying how tedious it is, so why is the speech actually getting longer? I'm not asking why he gives a speech. I'm asking why is he extending it? I'm afraid for you people in Europe. By the time Lindsey gets there your very lives may be in danger. Stock up on water and food rations.

Ah, so what is up with him not wearing his necklace. I'm imagining some big drama going on. Maybe Kristen yanked it off of him and threw it across the room, in a fit of pique just before he took the stage.

Thanks for all the details.

Michele