View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 10:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSATX View Post
I see so much hate for Stevie about Lindsey being kicked out of the band, because people state that she just wants to be in control, etc, etc. Does anyone think Lindsey's past abuse of Stevie might have played some role in the decision to axe him from the band? We've all seen the accounts of Lindsey hassling Stevie on stage, and the other band members being pissed off about it. And when Lindsey left before the Tango in the Night tour, Mick alluded to the possibility of Lindsey hitting Stevie during their confrontation, since they had all seen it before. Makes me wonder how abusive to her he might have been when they were still together. And Carol Ann Harris details in her book the abuse she received from Lindsey, including awful things that happened right in front of Christine. Does anyone think maybe the rest of the band was happy to see him go because he was just a really big a-hole?
Yes I do. We're talking about someone who has a history of choking people FFS. I mean think about it. When was the last time you choked someone? I can honestly say I never have. I don't think many other people could either.
Lindsey may or may not be physically abusive anymore but I certainly believe he is verbally and emotionally abusive.
As far as the #metoo thing I've never heard of anyone in the band acting in a way that would fall under #metoo but the thing is people who have been a victim of this don't usually talk about it or report it. They feel ashamed. I honestly don't think any of them are like that but then again I don't know any of them. I'd venture to say that 99% of the people here don't. Lindsey is a hard guy to live with. His wife said as much in the RS article. While I don't really care for her or the way she's inserted herself into this mess I do wonder what her experience with him has been like.