View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

more of the little dance, here in screencaps -

26 January 2018 ... MusiCares Person of the Year Gala Honoring FLEETWOOD MAC ... Radio City Music Hall, New York City, NY. 📷 CBS ...... • Stevie’s emotionally moving 6 1/2 minute acceptance speech was comprised of remembrance, reflection, appreciation & a bit of humor, as Mick & Christine, missing her whistle, danced a waltz, lovingly signaling for Stevie to wrap it up, Lindsey channeling Chubby Checker with his version of The Twist, as an amused John looks on . A cheeky display of camaraderie, adoration & love for Stevie that endures among best friends ..... • Stevie, in her own words ...... “The loss of Tom Petty has just about broken my heart. He was not only a good man to go “down the river with” as Johnny Cash said, but he was a great father and a great friend. He was one of my best friends. My heart will never get over this” .... • I think it is an honor to be together sometimes because we’re never together. You’re down there. We’re up here and like other people have said, You’re lonely. You go home. You’re lonely. Who do you call? My mom is dead. My dad is dead. I’m sad. I don’t get to call them anymore. All my older, elder statesman are gone. So who do I have now? I have you. I have our audiences. I have the people that love our music ... I do want you to understand one thing. We don’t ever forget how amazing you are and we never don’t appreciate you!” ....... • (About being nervous after all these years) . . . . . . “Somebody walking off the side of the stage, said to me”, “When it goes away, you’re in trouble because those are the butterflies that make you walk out on the stage and be magical” ...... “If you don’t have them, you’re not magical”...... (Referencing Fleetwood Mac fans & supporters) . . . . “So, you are magical. You are fantastic. We thank you for coming here tonight. We love you because you’re just awesome, awesome. Thank you so much”. @MusiCares #MusiCares #RadioMusicCityHall #StevieNicks #ChristineMcVie #MickFleetwood #JohnMcVie #LindseyBuckingham #FleetwoodMac

A post shared by Christine McVie🌹Fan Page_ (@christinemcviefanpage_) on

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"