View Single Post
Old 10-04-2004, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Finland, the country where polar bears walk on the streets singing "Silver Girl"

I didn't want to announce this in the forums, since I figured Neil might want to do it himself. But I thank the man for opening up roads with this; as of now no one else in the community has shown any real interest in sharing lossless (qualitywise) material through bit torrents.

A couple of things people should still remember: those with dial-ups shouldn't bother because the files are large, that third day of Tusk tour rehearsals is 3,95 Gb in its entirety. And even with DSL users, should they be firewalled, the things can go slow, unless the firewall is configured for BT.

Also, Neil's upload is pretty low at 10 Kb/s. He started uploading Lindsey's Center Stage DVD about 52 hours ago, and currently we're at 64%. Patience is needed here.

Note also that the Tusk rehearsal DVD is already quite an old torrent; most people who completed it in the first place are gone and there's only three people offering those files to others right now. So the download will be very slow at this point.

The most important thing: KEEP THOSE TORRENTS GOING AFTER YOU'RE DONE! The fairest thing is to upload at least as much as you download, meaning that your share ratio would be 1.00. Easytree monitors its users share ratios very closely these days; if it drops below a certain point you won't be able to use the site anymore.

Is it worth it? I say yeah. The Tusk rehearsal DVD comes from a low-generation tape, the amount of drop-outs isn't distracting and the audio sounds great. You get to see Chris play guitar on two songs, you get to see Lindsey play Fender on two songs, you get the funny "IKINW" incident, etc. If you haven't seen this, or if your copy of this is poor quality, jump aboard.

Center Stage DVD should kick some butt as well. Easytree also has the audio rip of Lindsey's 1993 ABC In Concert special still seeded.

And btw Jacob, in offering stability for downloads and uploads I think Azureus beats every other BT program hands down.

^ - "a selfindulged, but funny butthead of a Fin" - Shackin'up