View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If [Stevie] doesn't do the album and they fire her. We might get a solid album and then see them in small intimate venues. (I'm not mad about that either.)
That would be a dream come true.

I like Stevie and I like her songs, but I like Christine's and Lindsey's songs and their collaborations better. I liked Say You Will but never shook the feeling that it was a Lindsey solo record and a Stevie solo record on shuffle.

In my opinion, an album with Lindsey and Christine (without Stevie) would sound more like a band album than Say You Will does. Those two know how to collaborate, and have a long history of producing splendid songs together. I want to hear more of those. Stevie's harmonies on them would be good, but musically unnecessary. Two, or three, or four solo songs by Stevie, shoe-horned into a Fleetwood Mac album, would serve to satisfy the public's craving to have the 5 Rumourmacsters together again, but they might not fit too well into the work that Lindsey and Christine will put into the recording (or already have put into the recording).