View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
That's why I wrote what I did about all their various managers and personal assistants, and why I reiterate that those people serve exactly the same function as the mid-managers in the workplace. It's those people--those twits "doing their jobs"--who obstruct the attempts to hook up. Those people--Karen and whatnot--don't even know who he is and don't know that he engineered the albums that ultimately resulted in their own jobs. When I hear ledgies complain about how Stevie or the band never releases a batch of demos or concerts or any of the other ideas that get floated by fans or guys like Ken, and then defend the job that Karen and all the others do, I groan in frustration. Don't you guys realize that all that stuff you want probably never gets released because the personal-assistant/manager never let word of all the demand for it reach the boss?!
Why would personal assistants feel the need to keep from passing those ideas on? I can see them serving as a screen if "the talent" didn't want to speak directly with "the crew" but if I were Karen I would be afraid to keep things from Stevie, especially business propositions about which I wasn't particularly savvy. What if Stevie later discovered she missed out on what she thought was a fantastic opportunity because someone in her cadre decided she didn't need to know?