View Single Post
Old 01-20-2004, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gldstwmn
Well if you want four more years of the guy that has lied to you and is ruining this country, then yeah vote for the third party candidate. I like Kerry and can see why he voted for the war. I don't like it but I understand it. That is not the only issue we are facing here. Our economy is farked. We are running up a huge deficit. All of our jobs are being outsourced to foreign countries. I think Kerry gives a damn. Nothing will ever convince me that Bush does.
Exactly; he seems like the most genuine man in the race (along with Kucinich). I have a great deal of respect for him and the fact that he stands for everything I believe (except for the ****-up he made when he voted for the war; that was a mistake that has no excuse but I do see his point). He's a staunch environmentalist, he's fought for the working class, and he's a liberal down to his bones. I've supported him in the Senate, I've supported him when he decided to run for president, and I will continue to support him because I believe he's a man of great integrity and kindness. I think he could turn this country around and I think he could bring prosperity back to our country. I believe he could give us back our dignity, or at least put us on the road to reclaiming it. And I adore his wife.

Just my opinions, though, and I'm glad that everyone here cares so deeply about our country and its politics.