View Single Post
Old 04-01-2008, 09:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Lindsey's Arrogance?

http://www.afterellen.com/blog/karma...comment=484639

From After Ellen
Quote:
Crow's name has been mentioned as the possible new addition, though Buckingham told Billboard.com,

"I don't think anything is written in stone yet." He added, "I think we were all a little surprised (Crow) was announcing that to the world with such certainty...We have talked about the possibility of bringing another woman into the scene to kind of give Stevie a sort of foil and shake it up a little bit. (Crow) was certainly a name that has come up. We'll have to see."

A "foil"? That's irritating. Would they hire a dude to be Lindsey's "foil," or would he simply be an accomplished musician in his own right?

Sigh. Anyway, according to Dictionary.com, a "foil" is "a person or thing that makes another seem better by contrast."

As much as I worship the ground that Stevie Nicks spins on, I'm not sure that Sheryl Crow is the best woman for this particular job. Crow is a force of nature in her own right, and her production of (not to mention her appearance on) Stevie's 2001 solo album, Trouble in Shangri-La, helped make it one of Stevie's best solo efforts since 1983's Wild Heart.
So he says Sheryl will make them look better by contrast! I didn't realize that "foil" meant that.

Do y'all think Sheryl would make Stevie and Lindsey look better? I thought that was an odd phrasing choice on his part.